Civil Engineer II
City of Cape Girardeau
The City of Cape Girardeau is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Civil Engineer II. Position is responsible for providing highly technical review, expertise, and consultation for the City by preparing maps, plans, and specifications for various projects. Position reports to the Assistant City Engineer. Must have considerable knowledge of concrete and asphalt materials, geometric design elements of streets, surveying, traffic engineering, and hydrology. Must be skilled in using computer applications of civil engineering.
Must have a degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field of study and an Engineer-in-Training certificate. Must have three years of progressive experience.
Annual starting salary range $44,160 - $45,947 DOQ, based on 52 weeks of employment, plus a generous benefit package.
Applications are available online at www.cityofcape.org. Anyone interested should submit cover letter, resume, and application to the HR Office, 401 Independence, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703 by Friday, May 10, 2013. Applicants with disabilities may arrange reasonable accommodations by contacting HR at (573) 339-6390.
Before final appointment, applicant will be required to successfully complete a drug test and background investigation
City of Cape Girardeau reserves the right to notify only individuals selected for an interview as to the status of their application.
Project Engineer/Project Manager
Olsson Associates, a successful engineering firm, is seeking an experienced project engineer/project manager to work with the transportation team in our Springfield, MO office. Ideal candidate will possess P.E. certification, and have 7-10 years of engineering experience including transportation or traffic design. Responsible for arterial/highway design and traffic engineering for various transportation and traffic projects throughout Missouri and the Midwest. Project management and client interaction opportunities available for the right candidate. Professional environment, excellent compensation, comprehensive benefits. Please apply online at http://www.olssonassociates.com. EOE
Kansas City Water Services
Three New Senior Level Utility Positions: Wastewater Utility Officer, Stormwater Utility Officer, and Manager of the Overflow Control Program
In October 2012, Kansas City Water Services announced a significant organizational restructuring designed to transform Water Services into a professional, data-driven, and customer-focused utility. As part of this restructuring, Water Services is now conducting a national search for three positions:
- Wastewater Utility Officer (This is an unclassified position; it is anticipated that the top of the annual salary range will be up to $160,000): Candidates expected to have a Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of progressively responsible utility industry experience.
- Stormwater Utility Officer (This is an unclassified position; it is anticipated that the top of the annual salary range will be up to $160,000): Candidates expected to have a Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of progressively responsible utility industry experience.
- Manager of the Overflow Control Program (Engineering Division Head) (This is a classified position and is part of the City of Kansas City’s Classified System; it is anticipated that the top of the annual salary range will be up to $117,000): Candidates expected to have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a closely related field and six (6) years of progressively responsible experience as a Registered Engineer. In addition, this position requires registration as a professional architect/engineer with the State of Missouri within six (6) months as a condition of continued employment.
Detailed brochures available at www.ralphandersen.com for each position. Apply no later than April 19, 2013 to email@example.com. Submissions should include a compelling cover letter, comprehensive resume, salary history, and professional references. Confidential inquiries welcomed to Heather Renschler at (916) 630-4900.
Posted February 13, 2013
SKF Lubrication Business Unit
TITLE: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
REPORTS TO: Paul Conley
LOCATION: St. Louis Corporate Headquarters
SUMMARY: Lead the development of electronic related new products to meet requirements on a global basis. Work regularly with outside design engineering consultants to ensure the design of products meets Lincoln specifications. Work with Marketing and Sales to define Lincoln specifications for both electro/mechanical and electrical products.
Responsible for complete product design and evaluation and solution of engineering electrical related products of complex nature from concept throughout prototype and field testing into production implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Produce engineering documents to include electrical assembly drawings, installation schematics and engineering specifications.
- Lead in the design, development, testing and field validation of new products or modifications to existing Lincoln products.
- Coordinate with company facilities around the world as required to ensure complete definition of electrical design requirements related to new products.
- Identify project capital and expense costs related to electronic test fixtures
- Responsibility to approve new electronic related projects and to lead and coordinate cross-functional project teams both internally and with other engineering departments as required around the world.
- Analyze and solve technical problems and provide solutions that can be implemented in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to distributors on product installations to ensure field test installations conform to appropriate product application.
- Meet with end user and external customers as needed to understand markets and applications of Lincoln products.
- Investigate new technologies or existing technologies that can be effectively applied to Lincoln markets.
- Review and approve engineering electrical schematic drawings supplied by outside engineering firms verifying that designs conform to appropriate product applications
- Initiate and perform lab testing of competitive products highlighting difference, strengths and weaknesses. Ensure that the product being developed will meet customer expectations.
- Ensure all designs meet appropriate product, UL, CSA, CE safety standards.
- BSEE / BSEET
- 4 years experience in a related field for BSEE
- 6 years experience in a related field for BSEET
- Proficient use of PC Computer hardware
- Proficient use in Micro Soft Excel
- Technical competency in component and level circuit design
- Knowledge of C, C++ and VB. Net highly desirable
- Experience in motor drive systems desirable.
For consideration, please complete a Job Posting Application available in HR or email HRjobs@skf.com
Hannibal / Jefferson City, Missouri
MECO Engineering Company is an established locally owned Civil, Structural, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and Land Surveying firm. We have an exciting opportunity for the experienced and skilled engineer who is prepared to meet the challenges and rewards of municipal engineering. Our successful candidate will be a licensed Professional Engineer (PE), with a minimum of 7 years municipal-related engineering experience, focusing on roads and streets, storm water management, water and wastewater, and site civil.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with others are a necessity as you will be working directly with a variety of clients and our personnel in the firm’s four offices. Responsibilities of this position will include municipal consulting, project development/coordination, design, project management, meeting attendance, and business development to support our marketing efforts.
There are two (2) full-time positions, one in our Hannibal Office, and one in our Jefferson City Office. We offer a competitive benefits package, enjoyable work environment, and salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join our firm, please send your resume to:
MECO Engineering Company
3120 Highway W
Hannibal, MO 63401
MECO Engineering Company
2701 Industrial Drive
Jefferson City, MO 65109
No phone calls please
MECO is proud to be an AA/EEO employer.
To place a classified ad in The Missouri Engineer, please email ad copy, special instructions and billing information to Cherie L. Bishop, Editor, The Missouri Engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-636-6949. Classified ads are charged by the word - up to 40 words is $25; each additional 20 words or less is $15. For more information on advertising, visit our web site at www.mpse.org